Garners Dental opened in Marrickville in 1968, which is quite a record for any business not just a dental practice.
Today Marrickville is the largest suburb in the Inner West Council local government area. And it is more colourful, interesting and culturally diverse than many people realise.
The area's original name is Bulanaming and the traditional owners of the land are the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation
In the early 1800’s it was called Marrick' after the Marrick' estate of Thomas Chalder. William Dean, the publican of the Marrick Hotel, in Illawarra Road (now the site of the Henson Park Hotel) is credited with adding the "ville" to Marrick when it was gazetted in 1861.